Ladies, we all want a flat stomach and men want washboard abs. A flat stomach is not only a sign of how healthy we are but it also shows that we take care of ourselves. This is real fact. The weight loss industry is currently booming and making hundreds of millions of dollars every year.
Every day we hear about breakthrough diets or miracle weight loss products that cost you thousands of dollars. I bet you’ve probably heard of the waist trainer.
It looks like a corset that you wear underneath your clothes to give the illusion that you have a flat stomach. And it’s not only women who wear it, men too squeeze themselves into these waist trainers. There’s a lot of debate as to whether or not waist trainers are bad for you and if they actually work. In my opinion, they work… temporarily. I mean, if you want to look great in a specific dress but you feel your stomach isn’t flat enough, you can squeeze yourself into a waist trainer to suck in those extra inches, but other than that, I don’t think it produces permanent results. In fact, some experts believe wearing it for prolonged periods is harmful to your health. I’m a strong believer in getting a flat stomach the proven way…through diet and exercise. Stop wasting money on weight loss pills. If you want to invest money in weight loss products, how about joining a gym or buying yourself a treadmill? With that said, here’s a list of ten foods that burn belly fat fast.
10. OatmealDo you know why you always crave that unhealthy sugary or salt-filled snack in the morning? It’s because you missed breakfast, you didn’t have enough breakfast or your sugar levels dropped. One way to avoid that morning snack attack is to eat oatmeal for breakfast. Oatmeal is rich in fiber and it takes longer to digest, so you feel full in the morning and your cravings for those chocolate donuts becomes non-existent. When choosing oatmeal, don’t choose the sweetened kind. Choose the one without added sugars or flavors and sweeten it with berries or banana slices.
9. Nuts and SeedsFlax seeds, pistachios, walnuts, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds and any other nuts or seeds you can think of all help you to keep your tummy slim by keeping it full. Not only that, but they are full of healthy oils and minerals. Purdue University did a study and found that people who ate nuts felt full longer than those who ate rice cakes. Experts recommend that you eat 24 almonds every day to satisfy your hunger pangs. This way, you won’t overload on the calories. And by the way, stay away from the salted seeds and nuts. They are high in sodium and that’s not good for your blood pressure.
8. MeatNot just any type of meat…white meat or lean meat is the best type of meat to keep the fat away from your belly. Free-range chicken, fish and grass-fed beef are scientifically proven to burn fat. In fact, there’s a study that showed grass-fed beef contains natural CLA (conjugated linoleic acid). And don’t bother trying to take CLA supplements because they are not the same as the naturally occurring one. Besides, the supplement has more side effects than it has benefits. What’s fascinating about eating proteins is that your body will burn 30% of its calories after eating protein-rich foods.
7. Protein PowderProtein powder isn’t just for people who want to bulk up in the gym…you too can benefit from it. Protein powder contains amino acids that build muscle and burn fat. Add two spoonfuls of the powder to your smoothie for a belly fat burning drink. And the good thing about protein powder is that it’s easily available in health food stores. By the way, when adding protein powder to your smoothie, make sure it’s a healthy smoothie. Not one of those sugary types or chocolate smoothies. You can make your own smoothie by blending unsweetened yogurt, fruits and low fat milk.
6. OilsI know this sounds wrong considering you are trying to burn belly fat. Why would you need oil? Isn’t it full of calories? The kinds of oils I’m talking about contain useful calories and not empty calories. Oils like coconut oil, canola oil and olive oil can actually help your body burn fat. They do this by helping your body keep cholesterol levels at a minimum and they satisfy your cravings so you don’t end up eating unnecessary calories. Unhealthy oils are the hydrogenated ones loaded with saturated and trans fats.
5. OmeletsEggs are loaded with plenty of fat burning protein, omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, phosphorus, iron, calcium, choline, folate and essential vitamins. Eggs digest slowly so you will feel full for a long time, reducing your chances of looking for a snack. You should also know that eggs from free-range chickens contains more nutrients. Louisiana State University did their own research and found that people who had eggs for breakfast lost more weight than those who ate bagels. But before you start cooking up omelets for breakfast, talk to your doctor about your cholesterol levels. They might be too high.
4. LegumesLima beans, navy beans and black beans are rich in fiber, which helps your body get rid of toxic waste. Moreover, they are low in calories and packed with proteins that will help you lose weight and tone up. Start making dishes with beans and you will start to notice your metabolism improve. So once a week, instead of eating meat, try eating a bean burrito. Refried beans are also not a great option because they are high in saturated fat. Choose other varieties like pinto or black beans.
3. Green VeggiesKale, broccoli, spinach, arugula and romaine are all packed with essential vitamins and minerals and have very few calories. Broccoli and spinach are especially loaded with fiber, which helps speed up your metabolism and reduces constipation. Eating a salad before a meal will make you feel a little fuller so you will only serve yourself small portions of food. I should also mention that iceberg lettuce has almost no fiber at all, so this is not a really good choice for green veggies.
2. Peanut ButterPeanut butter prevents belly bloat by keeping the digestive system on track thanks to one key ingredient known as niacin. Just like nuts and seeds, peanut butter keeps you full for long so you are less likely to reach out for a quick unhealthy snack in between meals. However, since peanut butter has a lot of fat, you should limit your portion size. Eating too much peanut butter can increase the level of cholesterol in your body. Two tablespoons a day is enough. And when you go shopping, make sure you choose all natural peanut butter and avoid those that contain added sugar.
1. Green TeaGreen tea is packed with anti-oxidants, which are believed to speed up your metabolism and burn fat. According to research done by Swiss researchers, drinking green tea burns 266 calories more than if you drank regular tea. Also, in a report written by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, they found that green tea extract boosted daytime metabolism. While shopping for green tea, avoid purchasing the bottled tea because it has been processed and as a result, it doesn’t have a lot of nutrients. You can instead steep a tea bag in one cup of water and drink it while it’s hot or add ice cubes to make iced tea. It’s recommended that you drink four cups daily.
Like Us on Facebook!
Do You Need a Sugar Mummy, Sugar Daddy, Girlfriend, Boyfriend Wife or Husband? If Yes, Then Click Here For Details